Non-Erubis Templates

Michael D. Ivey ivey at
Wed Aug 29 10:07:28 EDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 2:36 AM, Brian Candler wrote:
> On reflection, it doesn't seem to make much sense to set up
> autoloading, but
> then to have to explicitly trigger it. Based on the Merb KISS
> principle, I

What about

# Uncomment the template handers which your application needs to load
# .herb .jerb .erb .rhtml .html.erb .js.erb
# Merb::Template::Haml        # .haml
# Merb::Template:::Markaby    # .mab
# Merb::Template::XMLBuilder  # .rxml .xerb .builder

To me, this is even clearer what you're getting.  The more I look at
the autoload, the
less it feels like magic.

Although, Luke's "templating :erubis" suggestion (possibly using the
autoload mechanism in the
background) seems even better, now that I see it.

It could also be smart enough to know that :erb means :erubis, :rxml
means :xmlbuilder, etc:

templating :erb, :rxml