Generating a merb app skeleton...

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ez at engineyard.com
Sat Dec 23 12:57:58 EST 2006

On Dec 22, 2006, at 11:49 PM, Fernand Galiana wrote:

> I have just started playing with merb. I think this framework has
> great potential
> so ATTA BOYS are in order !!
>
> Perhaps I missed something in the readme file, but how do I
> generate a default
> app in merb.
>
> I was looking for something  like the cmd below to generate the app
> hierarchy ??
>
> > merb myapp
>
> -Fernand

Fernand-

	There is not an app generator yet. I have it almost done but not
released yet. So depending on which versions of merb you are using
the way to start a new app is to copy the examples/app_skeleton from
the merb gem to somewhere you want it to go. If you are using the
latest merb from svn(highly recommended) then I did check in the app
generator but there is a weird bug where it doesn't copy all the dirs
and files from the skeleton. So if you are using trunk then look in /
lib/merb/generators/merb_app/skeleton and copy it from there.

	I will have the generator working and checked in in a few days when
I get ready to release the 0.0.9 gem.

Cheers-
-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist