[Mechanize-users] Interesting mechanize difficulty

Aaron Patterson aaron_patterson at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 26 17:09:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 01:51:54PM -0400, Mat Schaffer wrote:
> After looking at the code, I think a behavior decision is necesary
> before a test case.  I can understand the reasoning for raising an
> exception, but it would be really valuable if the page were still
> available from the exception.  I think putting the page into the
> ResponseCodeError would be a decent approach.  Thoughts Aaron?
> Should I make a patch to the svn trunk?

You are correct.  We should have access to the page after a 404 is
returned.  I also agree that putting the page on the exception is a fine
idea.

If you'd like to patch it, do it against the release branch:
  svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/mechanize/branches/RB-0.6.0

Otherwise I will fix this error.  Thank you!

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/