[Mechanize-users] handling protocol violations

Eduardo Fernandez Corrales eduardo.fernandez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 16:37:16 EST 2006

I have found a webserver that spits the cookie version as a float
(1.2) instead of an integer as the protocol mandates.

So far I have been changing line 33 in cookie.rb from

when "version" then cookie.version = Integer(value)
when "version" then cookie.version = Integer(value.round)

Of course every time WWW:Mechanize gets updated, I have to do the change again.

How should we handle this? I am sure there has to be a better way.

Thank you very much, I am really having fun using this fine piece of software.

Eduardo Fernández Corrales || 0xEFC.com