[Rant] Rant 0.5.6 released
langstefan at gmx.at
Fri May 26 13:27:53 EDT 2006
== What's new in this release?
This is mainly a bugfix release.
Fixes and minor improvements:
* Package::Zip, Package::Tgz: Fix bug where a file
that starts with the package name wouldn't be included in the
package. (Reported and fixed by Kevin Burge.)
* Fixed: The C source file scanner used by the
C::Dependencies task was confused by C-style single-line
* Fix a typo in the C::Dependencies task which affected the
:search option. (Reported by Kevin Burge.)
* RubyTest no longer uses testrb as test runner per default. Thus
it works on systems without testrb now (e.g. Debian based
systems). The old behaviour can be enabled by setting the loader
attribute to :testrb. A patch was provided by Max Nickel.
* The C::Dependencies task accepts the new option
:correct_case, which is useful on case-insenstive
file systems. (Patch provided by Peter Allin.)
Read doc/c.rdoc for documentation.
gen C::Dependencies, :correct_case => true
* The method Rant::Sys.root_dir?.
Read doc/sys.rdoc for documentation.
== Installing Rant
You can install Rant as a RubyGem:
% gem install --remote rant
or download the package from
and install with install.rb:
% ruby install.rb
Homepage:: visit http://make.ruby-co.de
Rubyforge page:: http://rubyforge.org/projects/make/
Naming suggestions, feature requests for further Rant development,
etc. are welcome!
More information about the make-cafe