[Mailr] Can not login?!?

matt@techiesalumni.com matt at techiesalumni.com
Thu Dec 8 11:37:57 EST 2005

>>matt at techiesalumni.com wrote:
>> I've tried installing on my server, as well as my Powerbook, but I can not
>> seem to login into the app.  I've tried product versus development set
>> ups.  It hangs on login, granted I am still testing with WebBrick.
>> Mysql 4.1
>> Rails 0.14.3 (?)
>> Ruby 1.8.2
>>
>> my site.rb
>> module CDF
>>    LOCALCONFIG = {
>>      :mysql_version => '4.1',
>>      :default_encoding => 'utf-8',
>>      :imap_server => '209.98.117.18',
>>      #:imap_auth => 'PLAIN',
>>      :imap_use_ssl => 'TRUE',
>>      :imap_port => '993',
>>      #:debug_imap => 'TRUE'
>>    }
>> end

>First of all I want to apologize to all because I have forgotten to
>commit the "debug_imap" configuration option. It's now in the subversion
>(revision 141).
>
>Could you please update to revision 141? It will allow you to see the
>exact IMAP commands sent to the server on the Webrick's console. Your
>site.rb file should be:
>
>module CDF
>    LOCALCONFIG = {
>      :mysql_version => '4.1',
>      :default_encoding => 'utf-8',
>      :imap_server => '209.98.117.18',
>      #:imap_auth => 'PLAIN',
>      :imap_use_ssl => true,
>      :imap_port => '993',
>      :debug_imap => true
>    }
>end
>
>I guess that the problem is in the authentication method ( PLAIN or
>LOGIN). What is your IMAP server?
>
>Best regards,
>
>Luben

Luben - Thanks for the quick response.  No need to apologize - we all
appreciate the work you're doing!!  To answer your question, I am using
courier-imap on FreeBSD, I've modified by site.rb to be
module CDF
   LOCALCONFIG = {
     :mysql_version => '4.1',
     :default_encoding => 'utf-8',
     :imap_server => '209.98.117.18',
     :imap_auth => 'LOGIN',
     :imap_use_ssl => 'TRUE',
     :imap_port => '993',
     :debug_imap => 'TRUE'
   }
end
I updated my trunk to rev 741.  I did not see any debug information from
my imap server... I checked it the 993 port is open, courier-imaps is
running ( I use it for remote email).  I didn't see anything in my log
either....