[Mailr] Mailr should work with BincIMAP now

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Mon Aug 8 04:57:46 EDT 2005

Luben Manolov wrote:

> I guess it's my fault. The case when the folder is empty wasn't handled
> properly. I've fixed this - http://mailr.org/changeset/109
> You need to restart drb_services.rb

OK, that got it. It works with my test account.

A couple of issues:

1. Folder names appear truncated.
    In my test account, I have a couple of folders:
    "Spam" is not shown at all (it has a blank name)
    "Spam/Misdetected" is shown as "isdetected"
    "Spam/Undetected is shown as "ndetected"

2. When I log in as  "proper" user, I get the following error:

ActionView::TemplateError (SELECT failed: No such mailbox "Lists") on
line #23 o
f /webmail/webmail/messages.rhtml:
20:   <h4><%=_('Folders')%><br/><%=link_manage_folders%></h4>
21:   <hr/>
22:   <ul> <% for folder in @folders %>
23:     <li><%=folder_link(folder)%></li> <% end %>
24:   </ul>
25: </div>
26: <div style="text-align: center; padding: 10px;">

The folder "Lists" does not exist - it is a "place holder" for other
folders. For example, Lists.mailr-lists at rubyforge.org exists.

It seems mailr is assuming that all IMAP folders exist as physical
folders rather than checking if they are just "containers".

If a man speaks in a forest,
and his wife's not there,
is he still wrong?