[Libxml2] Getting Started

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:25:39 EDT 2007

Hi--

First post to the new list. Glad to see so many people have made it
--some 32 subscribers by last count.

To bring everyone up to speed, I'm acting project Admin and Pat Eyler
has volunteered to be "backup" Admin. Charlie Savage and Ross Bamford
are signed on as Senior Developers. If any one else has patches or has
C experience and would like to get involved with development, just
tell me, along with your Rubyforge username, and I'll sign you up.

Tom Copeland did us a big favor and converted the old CVS repo to SVN.
Anyone can check it out here:

  svn checkout svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/libxml2
  svn checkout http://libxml2.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/

for developers:

  svn checkout svn+ssh://developername@rubyforge.org/var/svn/libxml2

The first thing I think we should do, now that we have the repo, is to
clean it up a bit. I was thinking that perhaps the libxml, libxslt and
the www directories should all have their own branches/tags/trunk. Is
that a good idea? Or is it better just to leave as one? We certainly
need to clean up the arrangement, whatever we do. The repo currently
looks like this:

  branches/
    DEV_0_4/
      libxml/
    MAINT_0_3_8/
      libxml/
    libxslt/
      libxslt/
  tags/
    REL_0_3_6/
      libxml/
      libxslt/
    REL_0_3_8/
      libxml/
    REL_0_3_8_2/
      libxml/
    REL_0_3_8_4/
      libxml/
    Root_DEV_0_4/
      libxml/
    Root_MAINT_0_3_8/
      libxml/
    init/
      libxslt/
  trunk/
    CVSROOT/
    libxml/
    libxslt/
    www/

I'd like to get rid of anything we don't need and get consistent
naming across the board. Suggestions? (Ross maybe you can advise
here).

Thanks and Welcome!
T.