[libxml-devel] [ANN] nokogiri 1.0.0 Released

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 14:56:50 EDT 2008

On Oct 30, 1:15 pm, Aaron Patterson <aa... at tenderlovemaking.com>
> nokogiri version 1.0.0 has been released!

Very impressive project, Aaron!

I've been building much the same thing myself, although built on top
of libxml-ruby (or rexml as a fallback). Unfortunately, it has always
been one of those back-burner projects I only have time to work on now
and then, so it's remained very much beta-ware. But now with Nokogiri,
it looks like I can just drop that project altogether. Yeah! I'm happy
about that b/c I already have too many projects to maintain.

There is one feature of my project I'd like to preserve though. I have
a very elegant xml/html template engine built on top of it, somewhat
like Amrita. It's a very small engine, ~100 loc. And I love the thing.
So I will port it to Nokogiri instead.

In any case, I have one question. It looks like there is an XML
Builder in the library. I did not see any usage documentation on that.
Is it working? And how does one use it?

Thanks, and great work!