[kramdown-users] Proposal: new option for disabling smart quotes/typography parsers

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Fri Mar 4 13:51:00 EST 2011

On Mar 4, 2011, at 7:01 AM, Thomas Leitner wrote:

> there is a feature request for an option to exclude arbitrary
> span/block parsers from the kramdown parser, see [1]. I don't think
> that this would be a good idea.
>
> However, the reason why Justin wants this option is to disable the
> smart quotes/typography parsers so that RubyPants/typogruby and
> kramdown work better together. Since the smart quotes/typography
> parsers are partly based on RubyPants anyway and they don't interfere
> with other span parsers, I think it would be okay to provide an option
> for disabling them. We could call the option
> "parse_typographic_symbols" with a default value of true.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best regards,
>  Thomas

I've been requesting this since the first day I joined this list. The only thing I don't get is why you take Justin seriously and you basically told me to stick it where the sun didn't shine. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 4! http://www.apeth.net/matt/default.html#iosbook