[kramdown-users] Feature Request: LaTeX Support in kramdown

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:19:45 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 16:06, Thomas Leitner <t_leitner at gmx.at> wrote:
> Generating images from LaTeX code is certainly possible. However, I
> don't think that users expect that a simple document may generate more
> than one output file...

Well, a webpage can be viewed as a document but is rarely just a
single file, if you count the css and so on.

> If you want something more complicated than the conversion of markup
> text to the HTML equivalent, you should probably use a static website
> generator like [webgen][1]. Such a program allows you to combine the
> features of kramdown with arbitrary other processors. For example,
> webgen has a processor to generate TikZ pictures from a description
> inside a kramdown document.

Yes of course, that's the use-case I'm thinking about. There is some
feature overlap between kramdown alone for a single page and webgen
obviously, so I was wondering what's needed to ease integration; maybe
just a generic way to syntactically escape from markdown.

--
Damien Pollet