[kramdown-users] Feature Request: LaTeX Support in kramdown

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 06:59:09 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:28, Thomas Leitner <t_leitner at gmx.at> wrote:
> I don't think that supporting LaTeX commands directly in kramdown is a
> good idea. The Markdown syntax is relatively easy to understand for
> newcomers, LaTeX syntax is not. And most user would be surprised when
> they see the resulting output. Another thing: what should be done with
> LaTeX commands when converting a document to HTML? Leave them out?

Actually I'd love support for LaTeX blocks. In HTML they could be
rendered to images or small PDF files displayed inline. That would be
useful for scientific web pages that need complicated
notations/equations, or just LaTeX examples, but I agree, this is more
general than maths support; ideally that should allow for other
external processors, e.g. graphviz

--
Damien Pollet