[kramdown-users] Implementation of line wrapping a.k.a. lazy syntax

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Mon Sep 27 03:41:21 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-25 14:53 +0700 Shawn Van Ittersum wrote:
> What's the easiest way to test the gem from Git?  Clone the gem only
> and 'gem install' it?  Or clone the source and require the specific
> path of the source clone?

There is no gem from Git, there is only the source code in the git
repository. I only release gems when I have a release ready, not for
the intermediate steps. So you can't "clone a gem"!

What I would do to test the most recent version of kramdown as
available in the Github repository:

* Clone the repository (or fetch the latest changes)
* Run your code like this

      ruby -I/path/to/kramdown/repo/lib my_program.rb

      RUBYOPT=-I/path/to/kramdown/repo/lib rake my_tests

I wouldn't modify the load path inside your program because you would
need to constantly add/remove it. Just use the RUBYOPT env variable or
run your ruby program by explicitly invoking the ruby command with the
-I... option.