[kramdown-users] API changes

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Sat Oct 23 05:45:53 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have just pushed the latest changes to the Github repository. Aside
from some bug fixes and documentation updates the API has been changed.

Parsers and converters can now be used with a Kramdown::Document
instance. This implies that all the needed information is stored in the
element tree itself. The changes decouple the parser and converter
classes from the Kramdown::Document class and make the latter lighter.
Until now the Document class stored parsing and conversion information
that is of no use to a normal user of the kramdown library.

The parsing information that needs to be available for converters is
now stored in the options hash of the root element. The conversion
information is now only used by the converters themselves.

I have also updated the API documentation to be more useful, some more
documentation updates will still come before the 0.12.0 release.

The current API will probably be the final API for the stable 1.0.0
release. If you find the API lacking, please tell me now so that we
can fix it *before* a 1.0.0 release!

Best regards,
  Thomas