Shawn Van Ittersum svicalifornia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 13:10:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:04:14 +0200, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> However, if
> you view the output in a browser you will see that whitespace
> normalization is applied to the `<code>` element (multiple whitespace
> characters are compressed into one space character).

This brings up another question: will Kramdown leave code indentation intact in code blocks?  (I'm pretty sure it does, from my own experience.)  What about multiple spaces in the middle of a line?  It would be strange if code indentation or comment alignment was lost in parsing a code block.

Does kramdown treat code spans different than code blocks, with regard to spaces?