[kramdown-users] feature suggestion: styling in code blocks

Shawn Van Ittersum svicalifornia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 16:07:58 EDT 2010

Sorry, Matt, but I really don't think it's a good idea to interpret code spans/blocks, even for emphasis and italics.  Besides, the underscore sequence you used might show up in Python, which makes the point that it's very difficult to devise an emphasis syntax that won't be valid code in some other language.  Code spans and blocks should be untouchable.