Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Oct 12 14:27:07 EDT 2010

>    Of course, you`re good | You are not so good | You`re bad!!!
>
> Can you definitely say that these are *not* table lines?

I can (or at least, I could until Sept. 24): They don't begin with a pipe
character so they are not table lines!

In other words, the problem is simply that the rule introduced on Sept. 24
violates the basic nature of blocks in Markdown / kramdown, which is that
a block is identified by how the line starts.

It is not clear to me what problem the Sept. 24 change is meant to
solve, but perhaps that problem could be solved some other way that *does*
involve a pipe a character at the start of the line.

Or, as I requested before, give me a way to "opt out" of this way of doing
things - a way to switch the rule off myself so that I don't have to worry
about it. I'm already using an option when I call kramdown (:numeric) and
I'm perfectly happy to use additional options. I'd be glad to say :tables
=> :simpleminded or whatever you like to call this. :)

What I *don't* want to have to do is look for all my pipe characters and
escape them.

m.

http://www.tidbits.com/matt/default.html#applescriptthings
http://tinyurl.com/kufyy8