Shawn Van Ittersum svicalifornia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 03:32:01 EDT 2010

I also agree with Matt on requiring the leading pipe character for table definitions.  I always thought that was an improvement in kramdown syntax over PHPMarkdownExtra/Maruku.  That said, I don't strongly object to making it optional, as long as there is an easy way to escape pipe characters.

And the contents code blocks really should be ignored by kramdown automatically.

Shawn