[kramdown-users] 0.11 bug (feature?) with <pre>-in-<dd> parsing

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Tue Nov 2 15:27:05 EDT 2010

On 2010-11-02 09:34 -0700 Matt Neuburg wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2010, at 4:36 AM, Thomas Leitner wrote:
>
> > On 2010-11-01 08:34 -0700 Matt Neuburg wrote:
> >> Ideally, I suppose, the same fix in 0.12 that ignores pipes in
> >> <code> tags should also be ignoring pipes in <pre> tags. m.
> >
> > The fix in 0.12.0 only applies to kramdown's syntax for code spans,
> > not HTML `<code>` elements!
>
> No, and saying markdown="0" in the <code> tag doesn't help, either.
> This thing with the pipes has really just come charging in and
> slashed through what I thought were the basic rules of kramdown... m.

This problem exists because kramdown has to determine which kind of
block-level element a chunk of text is. And determining a block-level
element shouldn't normally depend on the span-level element syntax. In
case of tables, however, it does...

Introducing the leading pipe again wouldn't solve the problem:

    # kramdown 0.12.0 syntax

    This is a <code>span | with</code> a pipe.

    # kramdown 0.10.0 syntax

    | This is a <code>span | with</code> a pipe.

So I will classify this one as bug, too, and will fix it so that
`<code>` HTML elements will also be accounted for (as is done for the
native code span syntax).