[kramdown-users] 0.11 bug (feature?) with <pre>-in-<dd> parsing

Shawn Van Ittersum svicalifornia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 12:49:18 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 09:34:41 -0700, Matt Neuburg wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2010, at 4:36 AM, Thomas Leitner wrote:
>> On 2010-11-01 08:34 -0700 Matt Neuburg wrote:
>>> Ideally, I suppose, the same fix in 0.12 that ignores pipes in <code>
>>> tags should also be ignoring pipes in <pre> tags. m.
>> The fix in 0.12.0 only applies to kramdown's syntax for code spans, not
>> HTML `<code>` elements!
> No, and saying markdown="0" in the <code> tag doesn't help, either.
> This thing with the pipes has really just come charging in and
> slashed through what I thought were the basic rules of kramdown... m.

Agreed.  I wonder if it's really worth all the trouble and unexpected consequences to support the PHP Markdown Extra syntax of optional leading pipe for table rows.  Based on their own flawed implementation, perhaps they didn't really think this through, and it's not a good syntax for kramdown to copy.