[kramdown-users] [ANN] kramdown 0.7.0 released

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Thu May 20 01:22:43 EDT 2010

> Thanks for your work on this release!  Sorry I did not respond
> sooner; some other things came up, and I was not able to test the new
> kramdown until just now.  It seems to be working great!
>
> With these most recent changes, how do the speed benchmarks compare
> to Maruku?

A bit slower than the 0.6.0 release since everytime a new span/block
level parser gets added, one more check needs to be performed (not
every time)...

Nonetheless kramdown is still about 4.2 - 4.6 times faster than Maruku.
Since we started out with being about 5 times faster than Maruku, this
seems quite okay.