[kramdown-users] Towards the one-oh-oh

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Thu May 6 02:36:56 EDT 2010

> I wonder if you've had time to consider my request for IAL above a
> block, so that these two are equivalent:
>
> {: .tasks }
> * Task 1
> * Task 2
> * Task 3
>
> * Task 1
> * Task 2
> * Task 3
> {: .tasks }
>
> As I pointed out in my original request for this, support for the IAL
> at the top makes for more intuitively placed class and ID attributes,
> even more so if the modified block contains children or other
> complicated (lengthy) structure.  Please let me know if this can make
> it into version 0.8 or 1.0.

Basically it is no problem. However, it is a rather invasive change
because it affects all block level parsers: each parser has to check if
a block IAL has been parsed before and, if it is the case, apply the IAL
to the created element.

This naturally incurs a small performance penalty...

Nonetheless, I have implemented it and it is available with the next
release.