[kramdown-users] Attributes on li elements

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Mon Mar 15 17:16:51 EDT 2010

> The list item is itself a block-level element, and I'm requesting
> that  * {attribute} and 1. {attribute}  become the syntax for
> applying attributes to list item elements themselves (not some other
> block element inside).

Ah... okay! I didn't see "outside the box" ;-) This way it makes much
more sense (and should be easier to implement). So the modified syntax
would be:

A list is started with a list marker (in case of unordered lists one of
`+`, `-` or `*` -- you can mix them -- and in case of ordered lists a
number followed by a period) followed by one tab or at least one space,
optionally followed by an IAL that should be applied to the list item
and then the first part of the content of the list item.

Does this sound right? The only change to your proposed syntax would be
that a real IAL is used instead of the `{.classname}` syntax.