[kramdown-users] Attributes on li elements

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Mon Mar 15 16:35:42 EDT 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 05:42:53 +1000, Shawn Van Ittersum wrote:
> Then I would like to know about your plans to support extensions to
> kramdown, because I find this is be an important addition, at least
> for my own use, and I would like to add it.

The best way to handle syntax extensions in kramdown is to sub-class the
parser and override the methods for adding the needed syntax. However,
I have not written any documentation on that, yet.

For example, [webgen] now uses kramdown as default Markdown converter.
However, the HTML converter is overridden so that all links are
automatically converted to relative links (which avoids adding the
needed statement in the source document).

The benefit of this approach is that different implementations don't
influence/hinder each other when used at the same time/in the same Ruby

Regarding the specific implementation of IALs for list items: note that
the list parser is by far the most complex part of the entire kramdown

-- Thomas

[webgen]: http://webgen.rubyforge.org