[kramdown-users] Attributes on li elements

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Mon Mar 15 15:11:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:32:02 +1000, Shawn Van Ittersum wrote:
> How about this syntax, then:
>
> * First item
>   {p-attr}
>
> * {li-attr} Second Item
>
> * Third Item
> {ul-attr}
>
> Note that the indentation of the ul-attr block aligns it with the
> list item asterisks (or numerals, if this were an ordered list
> instead).

I'd rather not add such syntax since it would be a very special case
and not used in nearly 100% of all cases. I tried to only add syntax
that provided real value (like with the general block or span IALs) or
which had prior art (like in the case with the header IDs). I think if
you really need attributes on list items, you would be better off using
standard HTML `li` tags.

When implementing list support in kramdown, I thought about how to add
IAL support to list items but found no good way to to do it... so I
didn't.