[kramdown-users] German LaTeX output

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Mon Jun 21 05:42:09 EDT 2010

On 2010-06-21 08:41 +0200 Michael Franzl wrote:
> Would it be possible to optionally configure kramdown for German
> LaTeX output?
>
> A LaTeX document adds German specific syntax when instructed with
>
>      \usepackage[german]{babel}

Just copy the included `document.latex` template from the
`data/kramdown` directory of the kramdown distribution to a new file in
your local directory and change it to fit your needs, ie. include the
above line! Then you can use the `template` option to use your modified
template.

> It is mostly the quotes that need to be fixed:
>
>      "Kramdown double quotes"
>
> are currently transformed into
>
>      ``English double quotes''
>
> but need to be
>
>      `"German double quotes'"

Hmm... this is currently hard-coded. I assume that there are rules for
each language, not only English and German, on how the quotes should
be transformed?! If that is the case, the easiest way would probably be
to add a new option `latex_quotes` which specifies how
opening/closing double and single quotes are transformed - would this
fit your needs?