[kramdown-users] using kramdown in xhtml

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Jun 8 16:02:57 EDT 2010

On or about 6/8/10 12:29 PM, thus spake "Elliot Winkler"
<elliot.winkler at gmail.com>:

> I'd like to be able to have this option too, actually. The specific use
> case for me is in generating an XML feed for my blog -- since XML only
> allows certain named entities, I'm basically forced to patch kramdown to
> use numeric entities instead of named ones. Actually, it might be easier
> just to always have kramdown use numerics... would you guys be opposed
> to that?
>
> -- Elliot
>
> On 6/8/10 10:31 AM, john muhl wrote:
>> is it possible to use kramdown in an xhtml document? or someway to say
>> you want numeric entities instead of named entities; e.g. `&#8220;`
>> instead of `&ldquo;`?

I agree that this option sounds desirable. I generally prefer numeric to
named entities.

Just to be clear, though, named entities are legal in XHTML. So this would
be purely an XML matter. Also, the usual approach in a feed is to enclose
everything that might be (X)HTML in <![CDATA[...]]> delimiters.

m.

http://www.tidbits.com/matt/default.html#applescriptthings
http://tinyurl.com/kufyy8