[kramdown-users] Zcaron/zcaron not valid HTML references

Shawn Van Ittersum svicalifornia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:39:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:57:45 +0200, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> The internal representation could easily be augmented but I don't know
> if this is really useful - is there a use case where `ž` is
> "better" than `ž`?

Rather than ask whether such a use case exists -- which perhaps we won't know until it is encountered -- we should ask why kramdown is doing this conversion.  These entities are specific representations of content, and it doesn't seem right that kramdown should change them or translate them to different forms without explicit configuration to do so.