[kramdown-users] Table syntax and implementation

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Sun Jan 17 10:02:54 EST 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 08:16:37 -0500, Eric Sunshine wrote:
> Wouldn't it be simplest just to use the single straight-forward rule
> that any rows before the first separator are headers? In other words,
> this table has a header:
>
>    | header1 | header2 |
>    |-
>    | data1 | data2 |
>
> whereas, this one does not:
>
>    |-
>    | data1 | data2 |
>
> (Another way to look at the above table is that it has a null header
> because no lines are present before the first separator line.)

I don't find this very intuitive, for example, when presented with the
following table I would assume that it has one header row and two body
rows:

    | Cell | Two   |
    | Body | Body  |
    | Body | Body  |

I think it makes more sense that the first separator line that
appears *after at least one table row* is interpreted as header
separator line.