[kramdown-users] Table syntax and implementation

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Sun Jan 17 05:51:45 EST 2010

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:57:22 +0700, Shawn Van Ittersum wrote:
> So:
>
> |-     separator line
> |-|    header separator line
> |--||  separator line
> |-:|-| header separator line
>
> Am I the only one that finds this confusing?
>
> Can we please just have one kind of separator line?

I think it would be sufficient to make header separator lines a subset
of separator lines by allowing a separator line to start with a pipe
and then any of dash|pipe|plus|space|colon.

Additionally, I would define the header separator line as the first
encountered separator line (before a footer separator line, naturally)
and this first separator line can be specially structured to support
aligning columns (i.e. the current syntax for header separator lines is
used for determining column alignments).

Would this be less confusing? Comments/suggestions?