[kramdown-users] Table syntax and implementation

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Sat Jan 16 02:12:41 EST 2010

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 04:58:13 +0700, Shawn Van Ittersum wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I don't understand the differenc between your example and mine.
> Please explain what makes kramdown interpret the separator as a
> header separator.

The syntax of a header separator line requires that there is at least
one dash between two pipes whereas the normal separator line just
requires a pipe/plus and a dash at the beginning of the line and then
any combination of pipes, dashes and pluses. Therefore header separator
lines and normal separator lines share a common subset but none is a
real subset of the other.

Examples:

The following is a header line as well as a separator line:

Only a header line (because of the colons):

Only a separator line (because of consecutive pluses/pipes):