[kramdown-users] Bug in list parsing

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Aug 17 15:27:27 EDT 2010

On or about 8/17/10 10:43 AM, thus spake "Shawn Van Ittersum"
<svicalifornia at gmail.com>:

> If kramdown does not support such a key feature of Markdown, then it really
> can't be called a superset of Markdown anymore

Agreed. The use of "superset" in the kramdown documentation is wrong.
kramdown isn't Markdown, and never was. It's what Markdown should have been.

As I've said here before, I've got thousands of Web pages that are generated
using Markdown, and I've been converting them to use kramdown instead.
Basically *none* of them gives the desired output without alteration; I'm
having to rewrite *every* page in some way. However, that's fine with me;
it's the price I'm willing to pay to take advantage of kramdown's speed and
predictability. m.