[kramdown-users] Bug in list parsing

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Aug 17 12:52:51 EDT 2010

On or about 8/17/10 7:14 AM, thus spake "Thomas Leitner" <t_leitner at gmx.at>:

> So if we change the behaviour for lists, we should probably also change
> the behaviour for blockquotes, footnote definitions and all other
> similar block level elements to remain consistent.

Well, I hope you don't change it. I find kramdown's behavior rational and
deterministic (i.e. predictable and consistent), as opposed to Markdown
where you never quite knew what would happen with a list, how your indenting
would be interpreted, etc. And I find the documentation's explanation of how
kramdown will behave to be clear and correct.

In the one particular case in question, if it is known that the input
represents a list, it is trivial to preprocess it before kramdown sees it.
It is up to the user to prepare the input for kramdown; it is not up to
kramdown to adapt itself to incorrect input.

m.

http://www.tidbits.com/matt/default.html#applescriptthings
http://tinyurl.com/kufyy8