[kramdown-users] possible bug: kramdown wrapping <br> in <p>

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Wed Aug 11 14:39:04 EDT 2010

On or about 8/11/10 9:15 AM, thus spake "Shawn Van Ittersum"
<svicalifornia at gmail.com>:

> I still don't understand why kramdown has an HTML parser... HTML tags should
> simply pass through untouched.

I am presuming that kramdown has an HTML parser because it needs to be able
to cycle down through the HTML looking for a <div> with a "markdown"
attribute. I agree with you, however, in that I'd prefer if this parser were
read-only, so that the HTML found would be then identical in the output to
what it was in the input. The source of this issue, I think, is that
kramdown is using REXML. As I've hinted before, I think that if kramdown
were willing depend on nokogiri it could just jump straight to those divs
without parsing its way down to them. And nokogiri does not rewrite
attribute order.

m.

http://www.tidbits.com/matt/default.html#applescriptthings
http://tinyurl.com/kufyy8