[kramdown-users] smartypants-only switch

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Aug 10 12:18:47 EDT 2010

On or about 8/10/10 2:28 AM, thus spake "Thomas Leitner" <t_leitner at gmx.at>:

> Isn't it easier in your case to run kramdown over the whole document
> and the rubypants afterwards? You said that rubypants knows that it
> only has to look inside HTML tags and don't mess with attributes. So,
> in the case you mentioned, running kramdown and then rubypants should
> be sufficient, shouldn't it?

I haven't tried rubypants. I have been using Jon Gruber's SmartyPants, which
is Perl like Markdown; I'd like to drop it. My design is based around the
fact that Markdown and SmartPants were two different things. It seems otiose
to pass through a second stage of evaluation to do something that kramdown
already knows how to do, and could easily do since it parses the whole
document looking for "markdown=" attributes. However, of course I can live
without the suggested addition. m.

http://www.tidbits.com/matt/default.html#applescriptthings
http://tinyurl.com/kufyy8