[kramdown-users] LaTeX Footnote inside of emphasized text

Michael Franzl michaelfranzl at gmx.at
Wed Aug 4 03:08:01 EDT 2010

On 07/18/2010 12:41 PM, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> The only other solution would be to output only those footnotes in the
> LaTeX converter that contain a single paragraph.

Or: Join multiple paragraphs into one paragraph. It's a limitation of
LaTeX, and users will need to avoid it anyway. This solution would help
only making the rendered LaTeX code error free.

But, regarding footnotes, there is another thing I stumbled across:

     This is text[^note] with a footnote.

     [^note]: A footnote.

Translates into

     This is text\footnote{A footnote.

     } with a footnote.

This is an empty paragraph for LaTeX, and sometimes, if it is wrapped to
the next page, LaTeX will render a footnote line with no text below it,
which is very ugly. So, the correct translation would be:

     This is text\footnote{A footnote.} with a footnote.