[kramdown-users] Inline comments

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Tue Apr 13 11:50:42 EDT 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:02:34 +1000, Shawn Van Ittersum wrote:
> Last week, I suggested that there should be a single consistent tag
> style for both IALs and extensions, and you seemed to agree:
>
> >> Juse like all ERB tags have <% %> wrappers, I think there should be
> >> similar consistency in kramdown.
> >
> > Thanks for pointing this out!
>
> So how can we discuss extension tag style without also examining the
> impacts if the proposed styles are carried to IALs for consistency?

I think it is the other way around: IALs will stay the same, extensions
probably too but the extensions syntax *may* be changed. I.e. the
syntax for IALs (and ALDs) is of no concern in this discussion since it
will not be changed. The point of the discussion is whether the syntax
of extensions should be slightly changed (e.g. removal of trailing
colons, syntax support for nesting, ...) or not. However, since everyone
would like to have a similar syntax for IALs and extensions, there are
some constraints regarding the syntax of extensions based on the
syntax of IALs (as laid out in my previous mail). This ensures the
consistency of the syntax, even if the extension syntax is changed.