[kramdown-users] Inline comments

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Mon Apr 12 14:32:07 EDT 2010

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:31:45 +1000, Shawn Van Ittersum wrote:
> Well, I can still see that being a source of great confusion, even
> more so when the tags are wrapped around a block.  I would at least
> like kramdown to support an alternate close-tag syntax, so I can make
> sure that my documents can use distinctive close tags.  Having to
> track whether each {::nomarkdown:} or other state-toggle tag is
> opening or closing in a long document could be a major pain.

You are correct in this regard, there should probably be a difference
between the start and end tag of an extension block. What about having
`{::comment:}` as start and `{::}` as end tag? This should be no
problem *except* when one wants to nest extension tags which is also
not supported currently (and therefore no problem). This approach would
also be less verbose.