[kramdown-users] Backward incompatible changes in parser/converter

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Thu Apr 8 06:42:54 EDT 2010

> Juse like all ERB tags have <% %> wrappers, I think there should be
> similar consistency in kramdown.

Thanks for pointing this out!
> If you do keep curly braces, I think the directive syntax could be
> simplified.  Instead of this:
> why not this:
> {options ...}  or  {kd-options ...}
> Why are all the colons necessary?

I don't like the `{options ...}` form since this can be too easily
invoked accidentally. I think that the IAL and ALD syntax are okay in
this regard, ie. `{: .class}` and `{:NAME: .class}` are not much to
type and visually and syntactically different from anything a user would
normally use inside a curly brace.

I particularly like that ALDs, IALs and extensions start with `{:`
because it makes filtering them out to get better standard Markdown
compatibility very easy.

I don't know how to make the extension syntax more concise while
respecting the above. Any suggestions are welcome!