[kramdown-users] Backward incompatible changes in parser/converter

Eric Sunshine sunshine at sunshineco.com
Thu Apr 8 05:21:47 EDT 2010

I was going to make the similar observation that, while XHTML-like
syntax may be well-known, users of Markdown (with extensions) have also
already become accustomed to IALs and, by extension, the closely related
{::foo::} syntax. Thomas, you mentioned the Markdown mailing list. Was
there relevant discussion there which prompted proposed change?

In any event, if the syntax does change, it probably would be worthwhile
to continue recognizing the old syntax for some time, and not remove it
as quickly as some of the other deprecated features have been removed. I
suggest this since (my impression is that) kramdown has already a wider
audience than the webgen user base.

-- ES