[kramdown-users] Backward incompatible changes in parser/converter

Shawn Van Ittersum svicalifornia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:12:35 EDT 2010

There is something nice about having a uniform syntax to wrap all kramdown "tags."  I can't imagine a suitably concise XHTML representation of IALs, so I'd suggest keeping the extensions in curly-brace format for uniformity.  Wouldn't it be odd to say, "These kramdown tags/directives look like this, but these IAL tags look altogether different..."?

Juse like all ERB tags have <% %> wrappers, I think there should be similar consistency in kramdown.

If you do keep curly braces, I think the directive syntax could be simplified.  Instead of this:

why not this:

{options ...}  or  {kd-options ...}

Why are all the colons necessary?