[Kramdown-users] Markdown processing within HTML

Eric Sunshine sunshine at sunshineco.com
Fri Nov 27 08:52:11 EST 2009

Thomas Leitner wrote:
>> The implementation of the markdown="0|1|block|span" feature is on my
>> TODO list and will make it into the 0.2.0 release. I will also add an
>> option for setting whether block and span HTML tags are automatically
>> parsed by kramdown.
>> I will probably just change the default
>> kramdown-syntax-in-HTML-parsing to false.
> I have implemented the changes which are available at the github
> repository http://github.com/gettalong/kramdown. Could you please try
> out this updated version and tell me if it works like expected?

Thanks, Thomas. I will check it out shortly.

One concern, however, is that this new behavior also differs from
original Markdown in which processing is disabled for block-level HTML
elements but enabled for span-level elements
(http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#html). In order to
avoid arbitrary inconsistencies with original Markdown, it perhaps would
be best for kramdown processing to remain enabled by default in
span-level elements.

-- ES