[kramdown-users] RFC: Table syntax proposal

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Thu Dec 31 03:18:33 EST 2009

I have changed the parts you mentioned - thanks!

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 03:41:15 -0500, Eric Sunshine wrote:
> > * If the table has a trailing separator line and there is at least
> > one separator line between table rows, all table rows between the
> > last separator line and the trailing separator line are considered
> > to contain table footer cells.
> > * Multiple table body parts can be created by using separator
> > lines. In such cases it is advised to *not* use a trailing
> > separator line sothat a table footer is not created accidentally.
> This behavior seems somewhat counter-intuitive and may have a high
> "surprise factor". I can imagine people tripping over this, getting
> footer rows unexpectedly. Perhaps there should be some explicit
> mechanism for triggering footer rows?

Do you have any syntax in mind? I tried various ways (equal signs,
underscores, ...) but none look quite right. Looking at PHP Markdown
Extra and MultiMarkdown I saw that both do not support footer lines so
I think I will just drop this part and only support multipe table