[Kramdown-users] GitHub Flavor

Shawn Van Ittersum svicalifornia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:24:28 EST 2009

Hi Thomas,

Will you be supporting (optionally or by default) any of the features of GitHub-Flavored Markdown?

For some regexps for finding URLs and domain names for auto-conversion to links, there have been recent postings on the topic by John Gruber and Alan Storm.  See here:

If you enable automatic URL linking, then the  [\w-]+://?  and  www\.  patterns need to be handled separately, because the latter needs to have an http:// prefix added to its links.  I can send you some code that I've been using to pre-process Markdown before invoking Maruku, which may be helpful to you.