[Kramdown-users] Table Syntax

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Wed Dec 16 10:37:04 EST 2009

> When you develop support for table syntax in Kramdown, will it be
> possible to include a table in a list item by indenting it to the
> same amount?  For example:
>
> 1. List item
>    *  Nested list item
>
>       | header | here  |
>       |--------|-------|
>       | some   | cells |
>       | more   | cells |
>
>       The above table and this line are all included in the nested
> list item.

Yes, this will be possible.

> Also, would it be possible to support this alternate syntax for
> separating the header row from the rest of the table:
>
>       | header | here  |
>       | some   | cells |
>       | more   | cells |

I haven't much though about the used table syntax. It will probably be
based on the syntax of the PHP Markdown Extra package. One difference
will be that all tables lines have to begin with a vertical bar. So I
don't know if your above proposal will make it into the table syntax,
especially since PHP Markdown Extra does not allow this syntax.

-- Thomas