[Ironruby-core] uninitialized constant OpenSSL::Digest::SHA1

Craig Thompson cmmathomps at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:11:13 UTC 2012


Well, I got it to work... But I'm not sure why. In the ActiveSupport 3.0.1 gem, I made a change to line 59 in the message_verifier.rb. 

I changed it from: 
OpenSSL::HMAC.hexdigest(OpenSSL::Digest.const_get(@digest).new, @secret, data) 
To: 
OpenSSL::HMAC.hexdigest(OpenSSL::Digest::Digest.new(@digest), @secret, data) 

I have no idea why it worked. Only figured it out by hacking around in iirb. 


----- Original Message -----

From: "Will Green" <will at hotgazpacho.org> 
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org 
Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 10:32:54 PM 
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] uninitialized constant OpenSSL::Digest::SHA1 

OpenSSL in Ruby is implemented in a C Extension. Last I checked, IronRuby can't load C extensions. 

I looked into doing a .NET port of OpenSSL for IronRuby, but quickly got lost in the .NET Crypto APIs. This was 2 years ago. 

-- 
Will Green 
will at hotgazpacho.org 

_______________________________________________ 
Ironruby-core mailing list 
Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org 
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20120507/aba98723/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list