[Ironruby-core] ScriptRuntime.Operations.CreateInstance() is very slow

Anton Firsov antonfir at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:16:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I use IronRuby as a scripting environment inside my c# app.
I have to create instances of ruby objects inside c# code, and I'm doing it
with ScriptRuntime.Operations.CreateInstance(). It's the largest
performance bottleneck in my app currently.
Is there any workaround? Will it be faster, if I create ruby functions
which instantiate my objects, and call these function instead
of ScriptRuntime.Operations.CreateInstance()?

The ruby classes are subclasses of my clr classes.

Thanks,
Anton