[Ironruby-core] using external library (REXML) is extremely slow when running my app in debug mode

Anton Firsov antonfir at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:48:52 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I'm using IronRuby as scripting environment inside my app. I use
scriptEngine.SetSearchPaths() to "include" the REXML files. The problem:
when I execute my app with F5 (debugger attached), my scripts run extremely
slow if I use REXML classes. If I use CTRL+F5 (no debugger), everything is
fine.

Any tips how to workaround this issue?

Is it possible, that a debugger is hooked inside my ScriptEngine, when it
executes .rb files? If yes, how can I eliminate it? I do not enable any
debugging options in my engine, and I unistalled the IronRuby VS2010
extension.

Thanks,
Anton