[Ironruby-core] IronRuby scripting in Windows Store apps

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:58:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Tomas Matousek
<Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com> wrote:

> IronPython doesn’t build yet for Win8 profile, there is quite a bit of work to be done to make it work. If anyone is interested in making IronPython work or improving IronRuby let me know.

I'm interested (as you know) and I'm already neck-deep in IronPython's
codegen, so I'll probably be tackling this next. I think they may be
related anyway.

FRom looking at the API reference, there's no way to generate Types at
runtime in Metro apps, right? Does IronRuby have a way to  inherit
from a .NET type in that case? IIRC that was one thing WP7 could not
support.

- Jeff