[Ironruby-core] IronRuby scripting in Windows Store apps

Orion Edwards Orion.Edwards at gallagher.co
Sun Aug 26 20:33:08 UTC 2012

That sounds fantastic :-)

Orion Edwards | Technical Leader
PHONE +64 7 838 9800 | FAX +64 7 838 9801 |
EMAIL orion.edwards at gallagher.co | WEB www.gallagher.co

From:   Tomas Matousek <Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com>
To:     "ironruby-core at rubyforge.org" <ironruby-core at rubyforge.org>
Date:   27/08/2012 06:31 a.m.
Subject:        [Ironruby-core] IronRuby scripting in Windows Store apps
Sent by:        ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org

(Seems like my previous email didn't go thru, trying again)
I have just checked in a sample Windows 8 application that evaluates Ruby
code and displays result.
Feel free to play with it. The basics should work but definitely expect
bugs J. To try it out build Ruby.sln Win8 configuration:
main\Solutions> msbuild Ruby.sln /p:Configuration="Win8Debug"
Then open Hosts\WindowsStore\IronApp.sln, build and run.
The app is a regular C# Windows Store app that uses ScriptEngine to
execute Ruby code against a ScriptScope containing a ?main? variable,
which is set to be the application MainPage UI element.
Ironruby-core mailing list
Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org